Last Update: 25th November 2020 (you can find earlier versions in our archive
These Terms of Sale (“Terms”) apply to all orders placed by you through Fitbit’s mobile app, website, or via phone with Fitbit’s customer support (collectively the “Fitbit Store”). By placing any order through the Fitbit Store, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms. You represent and warrant that you have the legal capacity to agree to these Terms. If you are under the age of thirteen, or any higher minimum age in your jurisdiction, you represent and warrant that you have obtained parental or guardian consent to enter into these Terms. If your order includes paid services, our Terms for Paid Services
are hereby incorporated into these Terms. These Terms are between you and Fitbit Singapore Pte Ltd., and, if applicable, the reseller appointed by Fitbit Singapore Pte Ltd. as identified in the Fitbit Store or in your order confirmation. In these Terms, “Fitbit” and “we” mean Fitbit Singapore Pte Ltd. and/or its affiliates and, if applicable, any such reseller.
Due to constantly evolving situations, and as per the rules and regulations laid by the central and local governing authorities, orders during these difficult times will attract special terms and conditions.
- Due to the restriction imposed by the government to curb the spread of the virus, deliveries can take longer than usual. It may take 10+ days to dispatch and deliver the order.
- Orders will be dispatched according the serviceable COVID-19 effected zones.
- For all red zones or containment areas the orders will be held in the warehouse.
- Delivery time depends upon the zone in which the area/pincode is classified.
- Situations where the required product is out of stock and the same is ascertained during the time of dispatch, will be refunded at the earliest.
- In case the customer has placed the order and wishes to cancel during the wait period, refund will be initiated at the earliest.
- Once the product is dispatched and the customer wishes to cancel, it will be subject to standard deductions.
- For all genuine manufacturing defect products, the reverse pick-up will be scheduled at a later date when the situations are normal.
- The above mentioned details can be changed or updated as per the updates received from the governing authorities.
NO COST EMI – Terms and Conditions
- You understand that on choosing No Cost EMI payment option using Credit Card, you will receive a discount upfront equal to the interest cost due to the bank making it effectively no interest cost.
- The minimum order value to avail the No Cost EMI payment option is Rs 10,000.
- The No Cost EMI offer is applicable only for EMI purchase for the duration of 3 and 6 months.
- The discount applicable on opting for 'No Cost EMI on Credit Card' is being offered exclusively by https://store-in.fitbit.com/browse and does not amount to EMI/interest waiver extended by the bank.
- You understand and confirm that you will need to pay applicable EMI and interest on total value of the order at the time of payment to the bank in accordance with the terms applicable to the credit card. The interest cost charged by the bank over time is being given back to you upfront at the time of this purchase and netted off in the Invoice amount.
- The discretion to allow the payment lies with the bank issuing the credit card. NDSL will have no obligation or liability in the event the bank refuses to process the transaction for any reason.
- The Bank charges annual interest rates according to the reducing monthly balance. In the monthly reducing cycle, the principal is reduced with every EMI and the interest is calculated on the outstanding balance.
- The customer also understands that if s/he fail in timely payment of EMI, there may be additional interests/penalty which may be levied by the bank which may be higher than the discount offered under this scheme.
- Any returns/cancellation will be as per the return/cancellation policy of https://store-in.fitbit.com/browse
- In case of any kind of return/refund in an EMI transaction, interest already billed in a particular transaction will not be refundable under any circumstances.
- NDSL will not charge a processing fee for availing EMI option. Bank may however charge processing fee or cancellation charges as per the banks policies. Such charges shall be paid by you and will not be refundable even in the event of return/cancellation of the order.
- You may check with the respective bank/issuer on how a cancellation, refund or pre-closure could affect the EMI terms, and what interest charges would be levied on you for the same.
- NDSL retain the right to modify or cancel this scheme at its sole discretion.
- You understand that for select products there may be a constraint on number of transactions per credit card.
- You may be charged service tax or other all applicable taxes by the bank for these transactions.
If the Fitbit-branded device and/or accessory delivered to you has obvious damage upon receipt or is not the Fitbit-branded device and/or accessory you ordered, you may request an exchange or a full refund if you meet the conditions set forth below, and other instructions as may also be provided at the point of purchase and in your order confirmation. This return right does not apply to the purchase or renewal of any Paid Services, as defined in and governed by our Terms for Paid Services
. Shipping and handling charges, gift wrap fees, and taxes paid (such as state, customs, or VAT) are not refundable. You are responsible for all costs of returning the device and/or accessory to us. To qualify for a refund, you must meet all the following conditions:
- request a return authorization within 48 hours of your delivery date;
- return the device and/or accessory in the original unopened packaging; and
- include the return authorization number with your return.
If your return fails to meet any of the above conditions, we may, in our discretion, refuse to accept it or charge you a restocking fee of up to 15% of the original price.
LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY
Your use of Fitbit-branded devices and accessories is subject to Fitbit’s applicable Limited Product Warranty
. Fitbit’s Limited Product Warranty does not apply to third-party products or accessories that may be sold on the Fitbit Store. For warranty issues related to those products, please contact that manufacturer.
NOT FOR RESALE
The Fitbit Store sells and ships products to end-user customers only, and we reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if we suspect you are purchasing products for resale.
Prices are stated in the applicable currency based on your selected location, and may not include shipping and handling charges or applicable taxes, which, if applicable, will be communicated to you before you place your order. We reserve the right to change the prices for any products or services in the Fitbit Store at any time without notice.
ORDERING, SHIPPING, AND DELIVERY
We may refuse or cancel any order or limit any order quantity in our sole discretion, even after receiving your order. We may also require additional qualifying information prior to accepting or processing your order. While it is our practice to confirm orders by e-mail, your receipt of an e-mail confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of your order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a product or service.
If you wish to make a transaction through the Fitbit Store, you may be asked to supply certain relevant information, such as your payment and shipping information. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE ANY PAYMENT METHOD THAT YOU CHOOSE TO USE TO COMPLETE ANY SUCH TRANSACTION. By submitting such information, you grant to us the right to provide such information to third parties for purposes of facilitating transactions. Verification of information may be required prior to the acknowledgment or completion of any transaction.
The actual delivery of your order can be impacted by many events beyond our control, and you agree we are not liable for late deliveries. Title to the products will pass to you upon delivery of the products to the carrier; however, risk of loss of, or damage to, the products will pass to you upon delivery of the products to you.
In certain regions, although we are the operator of the Fitbit Store, the products and services may be sold to you by our appointed reseller, as the seller of record, pursuant to contractual arrangements between us and the reseller. As described above, this means you have a contract with that appointed reseller for the supply of those products and services. In such case, the point of purchase or your order confirmation will include the appropriate contact information for any issues relating to your order. Fitbit Singapore Pte Ltd. and its affiliates are express third-party beneficiaries of these Terms in cases where these Terms are between you and the appointed reseller.
PRODUCT AND SERVICE AVAILABILITY
We reserve the right to add or remove products and services from the Fitbit Store at any time for any reason. We also reserve the right to change quantities available for purchase at any time, even after you place an order.
We make no representations as to the completeness, accuracy, reliability, validity or timeliness of any listings, descriptions or images (including, without limitation, any features and specifications such as weights and sizes) for any products or services available through the Fitbit Store. Such information and the availability of any product or service (including, without limitation, the validity of any coupon or discount) are subject to change at any time without notice. We make reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of products, including the applicable colors, however the actual colors you see will depend on your computer system, and we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display such colors. It is your responsibility to understand and comply with all applicable local, state, federal and foreign laws (including minimum age requirements) regarding the purchase, possession and use of any product or service.
You are solely responsible for determining the compatibility of the products and services with any required equipment (e.g., ensuring that you are using a compatible mobile device). You agree that lack of compatibility does not constitute a defect giving rise to a claim under our Limited Product Warranty.
To the extent the products ordered by you contain, consist of, or make available Fitbit software in any form, such software is licensed to you and not sold, in accordance with our Terms of Service
LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
NEITHER FITBIT, ITS SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, OR LICENSORS, NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING FITBIT PRODUCTS AND SERVICES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE, OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE FITBIT PRODUCTS OR SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT FITBIT OR ITS SUPPLIER, DISTRIBUTOR, RESELLER, OR LICENSOR, OR OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING FITBIT PRODUCTS AND SERVICES HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE, TOTAL LIABILITY OF FITBIT, OR ITS SUPPLIER, DISTRIBUTOR, RESELLER, OR LICENSOR, OR OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING FITBIT PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE FITBIT PRODUCTS OR SERVICE EXCEED THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID FOR YOUR APPLICABLE PURCHASE.
THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN FITBIT AND YOU.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SECTION CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE CERTAIN DISPUTES AND CLAIMS WITH US AND LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM US.
You agree that any dispute between us arising out of or relating to your order via the Fitbit Store (collectively, “Disputes”) will be governed by the arbitration procedure outlined below.
Except as otherwise required by applicable law, the Terms and the resolution of any Disputes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maharashta, India without regard to its conflict of laws principles.
INFORMAL DISPUTE RESOLUTION
We want to address your concerns without needing a formal legal case. Before filing a claim, you agree to try to resolve the Dispute informally by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
. We'll try to resolve the Dispute informally by contacting you through email. If a dispute is not resolved within 15 days after submission, either of us may bring a formal proceeding.
WE BOTH AGREE TO ARBITRATE
We each agree to resolve any Disputes through final and binding arbitration, except as set forth under Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate below.
OPT-OUT OF AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE
You can decline this agreement to arbitrate by contacting email@example.com
within 30 days of first accepting these Terms and stating that you (include your first and last name) decline this arbitration agreement.
All Disputes will be administered as per the Rules of Arbitration of the Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration (“MCIA”). The arbitration will be presided over by a sole arbitrator. The arbitration will be held in English, in Mumbai, or any other location which the parties agree to.
The MCIA rules will govern payment of all arbitration fees. We will pay all arbitration fees for claims less than INR 50,0000/- (five lakh rupees). We will not seek our attorneys' fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines that your claim is frivolous.
EXCEPTIONS TO AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE
We may bring a lawsuit solely for injunctive relief to stop unauthorized use or abuse of the Fitbit products or services, or infringement of Fitbit’s intellectual property rights (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright or patent rights) without first engaging in arbitration or the informal dispute-resolution process described above.
NO CLASS ACTIONS
You may only resolve Disputes with us on an individual basis, and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action. Class arbitrations, class actions, private attorney general actions, and consolidation with other arbitrations are not allowed under our agreement.
JUDICIAL FORUM FOR DISPUTES
Except as otherwise required by applicable law, in the event that the agreement to arbitrate is found not to apply to you or your claim, we agree that any judicial proceeding will be brought exclusively in the Courts in Mumbai. Both of us consent to venue and personal jurisdiction there. We both agree to waive our right to a jury trial.
LIMITATION ON CLAIMS
Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your order from the Fitbit Store must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose, or else that claim or cause of action will be barred forever.
The parties disclaim application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
Except as otherwise stated herein, these Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between us regarding any orders you make on the Fitbit Store, and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between us relating thereto.
If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
You may not assign, delegate, or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without Fitbit’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null and void. Fitbit may freely assign or transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors, and permitted assigns.
Any notices or other communications provided by Fitbit under these Terms, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be given: (i) via email to any address you have provided to Fitbit; or (ii) by posting to the Fitbit Store. For notices made by e-mail, the date on which the message is sent will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by our duly authorized representative. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
You will not export or re-export, directly or indirectly, the products or services, or any technical information related thereto, to any destination or person prohibited or restricted by applicable law, including, without limitation, U.S. export control laws and regulations.
ADDITIONAL TERMS MAY APPLY
Additional terms may apply to certain products or services. In the event that there is a conflict between these Terms and any additional terms, the additional terms will control.